Black Scholars and Professionals 2018 Conference
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What time should we arrive at Boston Logan Airport on Friday and/or Saturday?How will we get back to Boston Logan after the conference ends?
All individuals are expected to arrive no later than 2 p.m. on Friday, April 6, at Boston Logan Airport. Please send all travel information and schedules to the registrar, Kateri Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org before your arrival so that when we begin pick up we will know where to pick up all individuals. We will not begin pick up until 2 p.m.
The conference officially ends at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Rides to the Boston Logan will be provided. If you are leaving on Sunday, please inform the registrar at email@example.com so we can provide overnight accommodations.
If there are any delays, we are asking everyone to call us at (508) 397-1949, Boris Collins’ cell phone and (508) 667-9869, Alice Brown-Collins’ cell phone.
- What time should we arrive at Toah Nipi Retreat Center for conference set-up?
We expect, as much as possible, for everyone to be there by 4 p.m., no later than 5 p.m.
The address is: Toah Nipi Retreat & Training Center, 252 Old Ashburnham Road, Rindge, NH 03461. Phone: 603-899-5464. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where is information for the schedule for the conference? When we do begin? And when we do end?
The conference officially begins with registration at 6 p.m. with a start time at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 6, 2018. On Saturday, breakfast is at 8 a.m., with session starting at 9:15 a.m. We officially end the conference after dinner at 6:30 p.m. The schedule for the conference is on the website at https://public.bsapministries.org
- What about registration? Can I register on site?
Yes, you can register on site. However, we have limited spaces for on-site housing. Anyone can attend on Saturday, without housing.
- How will housing be determined?
Housing will be assigned by the registrar and the conference directors based on availability.
- What do I need to bring to Toah Nipi Retreat Center? Do I need to bring sheets, towels and washcloths? Is there an additional cost?
Here are some suggestions of what to bring:
– Warm clothing (including a coat, hat and gloves)
– Toiletries and a personal washcloth
– Bible and notebook/journal
– Water bottle
– A small flashlight may be useful
– A donation for offering and books
- Will there be meals and/or snacks?
Yes, there will be snacks on Friday evening. So please eat before you arrive on Friday.
On Saturday, there will be 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) for all participants.
- What if we need to arrive early? Can there be housing provided?
Right now, we have 7 spaces available for individuals arriving before Friday at 2 p.m. You will need to send by email your schedule to: Alice Brown-Collins at email@example.com Once we receive your information and request, we will determine where you can stay.